Tuesday 24 September 2013

The red thin line

I strongly believe that thin line exist between bravery and stupidity. Strongly driven I decided to reach "Whale beach" in my sandals and when I reached the ridge and lost my bearings. It hit me! I crossed the line, which in my case was red thin line as my body was trying to tell me something by splashing red Dullux on my face. Lucky me.
I  had done my descent which was a challenge on its own rights then soldier on in my sandals through marshland to the mountain hut, where I left Surly. Adventurous, yes. Though, at any point there was no need to scramble a rescue helicopter team.
The day has not finished for me yet, decided to reach with Surly, yet another sandy beach. Where I could play with refreshingly cold water, have a strawberry jam waffle right on the beach and scribble some notes on postcards. My play time was cut short when I look over two bridges and off you go. The weather had changed rapidly, ominous clouds, gusty wind, patchy rain. At some moments it was so hard to move on, as I need to pedal on the way down. Luckily managed to post my cards and reach my camp, where at least I new someone and could ask for help if need it. Lucky me.
***
Thought of that day: you need right tools for a job in that case boots, Danek boots! Good guide is welcome too:-)
***

PS It was good walk for my sandals as I washed them thoroughly:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment