Wednesday 26 February 2014

Kruszyna Lager

On that snowy and chilly Sunday, beginning of December'13 I decided to take my winter boots for a hike.
I mentioned here before that I heard a story from Kuba, regarding Kruszyna Lager. I packed my rack sack with my "essentials" and drop by the first bunker in the woods close to place called Sowie Gory.
In the end I marched for more than 6hours and covered 16+ km and discovered twelve military object, bunkers a like. Though they where reinforced shelters for an artillery crew as this area during WW2 was a huge artillery shooting range. Many of the soviet's POW died during construction of this infrastructure lost their lives. Many Jews lost their lives and many more. Local villagers where forced to abandon their farms and homes

No comments:

Post a Comment