Wednesday 19 February 2014

Train to nowhere

When I decided to leave Toruń, directed my team towards train station where my morale out sudden hit the bottom.
Neither weather was helpful as drizzle was so consistent and a prospect of camping somewhere rough in this condition. Then on the way to Toruń main train station I was struck by the words:  Overcome evil with good*.  Flocked with passengers, who were leaving town after long weekend. All but me had a destination.
Among fellow passengers I felt so lonely. You could feel that energy. Everyone had some to hug and to say goodbye. Only me and Surly did not now where to go. Then out of the blue. Mirek. Security guard /usually army officer/ stopped by me and gave me his time. Only couple of words and my spirit was high enough to spot a train waiting to departure towards ... Wloclawek.
By a skin of my teeth managed to board this train. I could made of use of weak WiFi signal while searching for accommodation. Unfortunately none of the found host responded positively to my request.
Never mind! I was on the go and  there was a light and warmth:-) 



* words  on the monument dedicated to father Jerzy Popiełuszko. Toruń, al.Jana Pawła II

No comments:

Post a Comment