Saturday 22 February 2014

Kozuchow

When I crossed river Pilica, me and Surly pedalled towards a local town called Wyśmierzyce, from where only couple of kilometres as crow flies, is located a village called Kożuchów. 

I have a fond memories of this place, as stayed there a decade ago with family of my college close friend, named Łukasz L. That time I cycled from Radom and helped in the orchard for a day or two. It was an adventure for me as I started to tour around my town, though without a tent. Yet.

Mt friend Lukasz, nad been leaving in Warszawa for some time, this did not stop me from visiting his family. When arrived, to my surprise one of Luke's brothers called me by my old nickname: Grzywka. :-)  Kuba even later on, mentioned to me about Kruszyna Lager, when he heard that my next rest stop was Jeziorno, nearby Kruszyna, a village with railway station where during WW2, Nazi soldiers had their logistic hub for a huge military camp.

I did stay overnight, could talk with brothers of Luke, Kuba and Bartek.

I'm very thankful for your welcome hospitality:-) 


In addition, though this time kozuchow was full of apples, I do connect Kożuchów with red pepper and golden tomatoes. Which my friend managed to grow at the top of a building. Which building... head quarter of major TV station. LOL :-) :-) :-) 


Photo 1. Crates full of produce, this time - apples. Kożuchów.

Photo 2. Where biking takes a different form.

Photo 3. Lipec clan, family of my friend though only a male side.

Photo 4. Echo dnia, a local newspaper found in the kitchen 


No comments:

Post a Comment