Sunday 22 September 2013

Range - Sognefjell

How often are you out of range with your mobile? OK, London's underground and then not so often. My phone is all day long quiet, only me to compare the time with my "atomic" watch. Then on on that Thursday all my friends, as I have so many, tried to reach me and guess what? I was out of range, I had cycled that afternoon Sognefjell, first stage of it as I recognised next morning.
Exhausted, though refuelled with irreplaceable strawberry jam found a hut, abondened one, 1200+m above sea level, where the floor was in places missing and one side of the hut giving up to the elements. Next door shed full of wood with adjacent latrine offering magnificent view over mountains, where in the morning clouds as milk rolling over tops. Not to mention that crispy fresh air. Superb.
The cast iron stove remained me my one from my room in the attic.
Folding saw became once more useful tool, providing me with a crate of wood. Which in exchange brought warm and cosiness to that hut.
Stroll, some 1/2 a mile down the road to the local rest place where warm water in abundance.
Felt like I had mountains only for myself,  is that selfish?
Morning breakfast....baked beans:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment