Saturday 18 January 2014

Westerplatte - to wipe out Poland

At this location, Westerplatte, you can learn in essence about Polish struggle to defend its independence. This place is deeply engraved in to my conscience and I wanted to visit this place. I couldn't not choose better location for my camp close to the bunker with the same* view as defenders of September 1939.

Photo 1, 3. Remains of the "new baracks " 

Photo 2. Memory board "To wipe out Poland"

Photo 4. Me having breakfast after rough camping nearby


Right now when googled I have found ....geocache located by the ruins of "new barracks" :O 

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC47B6R_koszary-na-westerplatte-westerplatte-barracks?guid=2c70a74c-2873-4ec1-95a8-b7c4fc85976a



* this location slightly changed, hence it is only your own imagination which helps to travel in time

No comments:

Post a Comment