Saturday 18 January 2014

Sunday in Gdansk

Left 3City Hostel after breakfast and rolled Surly in to old town of city Gdansk. My first stop, local confectionery where very friendly Ms Danusia served me tea and cakes. Time to rolled again as the dlicate rain did not stop to pour from dark sky. I pedalled cobbled streets upon and down couple times. Chatted with street merchants at Mariacka street, this way met Agnieszka who was selling scarfes and hats during weekends, then met yet another Agnieszka who was selling amber. As the rain continue to fall I started to look for a place to refuel,

... gimmy shelter otherwise I fade away.....

Then I spotted parked bike on the patio of a local reasturant. Jacobsen. This way I met Kristina who also is a keen cyclist. As a word of mouth, I do recommend this restaurant where you can eat well and service is warm and friendly. 

Left the old town and directed Surly towards docks, namely place called Westerplatte. At the end of October, days were getting shorter and shorter and my time to find a shelter too. This way  I met Basia who had such a soft voice and her friend. Thank you for your advice girls and "paluszki".


*******

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274725-d1988489-Reviews-Bar_Jacobsen-Gdansk_Pomerania_Province_Northern_Poland.html

Photo 1 Me and Ms Kristina at the entrance to Bar Jacobsen.

Photo 2 Me and Agnieszka, Mariacka in Gdańsk where I purchased a scarf.

Photo 3 View from Most Siennicki, Gdansk.

Photo 4 Basia and her friend Agnieszka an her friend.

Photo 5 Me and Agnieszka, Mariacka in Gdansk, amber merchant.


"Jacobsen" S.C.Warzywnicza 10 a
80-838 Gdańsk
Tel. +48600720152

No comments:

Post a Comment