Saturday 26 October 2013

Honningsvag

  Well, it's been long time when I wrote on my blog. It is right time to catch up and do my homework as the ferry will reached Gdansk on Saturday 1pm.
  Honningsvag, I have very fond memories from that town, up the north. All of them include Beata, very witty maid from a hostel who lives there with here family. It was Beata who mentioned about a mass for Catholics organised in local church and the same morning she had invited me to visit her family at the evening.
  The church in Honninsvag has peculiar history, at the end of the WW2 it was the only one building standing in the town, as the Nazi soldiers flatten the town. The church provided a shelter for the survivors.
Then it is me going for Sunday mass organised on Saturday, midday.
Walked there briskly to be on time. Pull the handle. Locked! Once more locked. Then I walked on to first floor,  to double check. Nothing. Decided to write in a memo book and leave. Then someone opened the whole door. I'm in. Apart me and priest Piotr /Peter/ handful number of believers. To help with the mass I volunteered to read from the bible. Which was interesting experience, as when travelled I had thought that I could read it loud.
Then I strolled the main street of the town, found this interesting cafe, so called kulturhus, "Perleporten". Interesting, my woollen hat was seen there for the last time.
I discovered a local restaurant too, "Polar Sans" where I was recommended a dish of cod tongue. Which I was happy to consume as the fried meet was so delicate, yummy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment