Wednesday 30 October 2013

Couch surfing - Oslo

Well, I learned about Couch Surfing (CS) from Swedish cyclist met by Loch ness in the summer'07. Then I moved this idea to the drawer called "next time".  Then , while resting in Vandrerhjen I met this fellow cyclist: Hrvoje Juric* who recommended CS.
   This time I decided to have a go. I registered on CS and then started to spread my request. I had chosen my host profile as women my age+. Why not?  This time I wanted to do this way and I had done it.
Though from dozen requests only 2 came back as "maybe" and then through emails my host accepted my request. Searching for a couch was like fishing, you have to try many times and be patient.
    This way I met my first host, Rakel and her dog.(photo below :-)  )
I stayed for two nights, slept on the mattress in a small though cozy flat. We walked the dog, once even went to a nearby forest where by a shelter/hut made a camp fire with baked potatoes and corn, and a picnic interestingly flavoured sausage. Then we watched black and white movie: "Down by law" directed by Jim Jarmush.
To summarise my first surfing was positive experience.
Yet, another way to meet an interesting people.

*Hrvoje, another crazy guy to cycle to Nordkapp, this time from Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment